Internet of Things, a common word heard by all techies every day. Many people may still have doubts about what is the internet of things, how to implement it?
If you too think so, then this is the right place to know.
Internet of Things (IoT), in simple terms, means an environment in which objects, animals and people are provided with unique identifiers and the ability to transfer data over a network without requiring human-to-human or human-to-computer interaction. This area of science has a wide variety of applications in healthcare, home and industrial automation, automotive systems, smart energy systems and many more.
Do you like to know how the signal transfer happens, how the communication establishes between different objects and people using Internet?
Let's get started. Have a glance at this simple project which will help you to control a led using a Local Area Connection.
Step 1:Hardware and Software Needed
A PC with the windows OS and Arduino 1.6.7 IDE installed in it.
1. Arduino UNO.
2. Arduino Ethernet Shield (Wiznet W5100 based which is compatible with Arduino Uno).
3. A Wifi Modem.
4. USB to USART cable.
5. Ethernet Cable.
6. An led.
1. Mount the Ethernet Shield onto your Arduino UNO.
2. Connect the led to the Ethernet shield such that anode of the led goes to digital pin(here the digital pin 5. You can change it in the code.) and cathode to the ground pin.
3. Connect the Arduino UNO to your PC using USB to USART cable.
4. Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet shield and other to your wifi modem.
NOTE: Do not attempt to control the pins used by the SPI bus or 0,1,4,10,11,12 and 13 pins.